Japanese Vegan Seaweed Vegetable Comfort Soup Recipe
Here's a soup I made last night from what I had on hand at home. This is great for fall, it's calming and hearty. Cauliflower is good for the adrenals and thyroid, ginger heals the adrenals too; the garlic and sea veggies are great at detoxifying heavy metals.
1 tablespoon avocado oil
2 inches or more of ginger, peeled and minced
1/2 bulb garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, chopped
6 carrots, chopped
1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 quart vegetable broth
1 sheet of kombu seaweed, cut to 1-inch pieces
2 sheets of nori seaweed, cut to 1-inch pieces
tamari to taste
sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon per serving, sesame oil, to garnish
1 teaspoon per serving, sesame seeds, to garnish
- Sauté ginger for a few minutes first, then add garlic and onion. Sauté for a few more minutes or until browned.
- Add carrots and sauté for five minutes, then add cauliflower and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out about 3 cups of soup and blend. Add back to the pot.
- Add kombu and nori, simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Add tamari, sea salt to taste
- Garnish with sesame oil and seeds